Wikiquote is a collaborative project and its founders and contributors have a common goal:
- Our goal with Wikiquote is to create a free compendium of quotations--indeed, the largest compendium of quotations in history, in both breadth and depth. We also want Wikiquote to become a reliable resource.
Wikiquote has some policies and guidelines that are generally accepted and considered important, or even essential, by the project's founders and participants. These help us to work towards our goal. It is important to note that at least some of these policies are still evolving, as Wikiquote grows and develops. Some others, however, have now long been settled and are not regarded as controversial by the vast majority of Wikiquote's "old hands."
Generally accepted policies რედაქტირება
- Don't infringe copyrights. Wikiquote is a free compendium licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License and the GNU Free Documentation License. Submitting work without the copyright holder's permission threatens our objective to build a truly free compendium of quotations that anyone can redistribute, and could lead to legal liability for the project. See Wikiquote:Copyrights for more information.
- Wikiquote is a compendium of quotations. The site should primarily be used for developing the compendium. In particular, discussions on talk pages should be directed at improving entries. See What Wikiquote is not.
- Respect other contributors. Wikiquote contributors come from many different countries and cultures, and have widely different views. By treating others with respect we are able to cooperate effectively in building a compendium of quotations. For some guidelines, see Etiquette.
- Follow conventions. By following these conventions we are able to produce a more consistent and usable compendium of quotations:
For policies on using some restricted features, see Administrators.
The policies of Wikiquote's sister project, Wikipedia, usually apply equally well to Wikiquote. In addition, most of them are more mature and hence more polished than Wikiquote's policies, which are still in the process of being developed. Where not specified in Wikiquote, use Wikipedia:Policies and guidelines and linked articles.
How are these policies enforced? რედაქტირება
You are a Wikiquote editor. Wikiquote lacks an editor-in-chief or a central, top-down mechanism whereby the day-to-day progress on the compendium is monitored and approved. Instead, active participants monitor recent changes and make copyedits and corrections to the content and format problems they see. So the participants are both writers and editors.
In extreme and unusual cases, Jimbo Wales has stepped in to ban a user who has proven to be unusually disruptive. Jimbo has also declared certain policies to be, essentially, official Wikiquote policies; see this Wikien-l post and User:Jimbo Wales/Statement of principles.
How policy has been formulated რედაქტირება
Wikiquote policy is formulated for the most part by habit and consensus. Hence, the statements on this page and pages adjoining it are intended for the most part to be descriptive of existing community norms that have developed over time. Discussion pages including Wikiquote:Village pump and numerous talk pages of articles and documents incubate our policies and guidelines. Issues are still formulated and debated on talk pages.
Specific guidelines to consider რედაქტირება
In addition to the generally accepted policies listed above, the following guidelines have been suggested by various participants in the Wikipedia project:
General guidelines რედაქტირება
- w:Be bold in updating pages
- Make omissions explicit - rejected on Wikipedia
- w:Build the web
- w:Ignore all rules - controversial
- Bots guideline
Behavior guidelines რედაქტირება
- w:Sign your posts on talk pages
- w:Avoid profanity
- No personal attacks (and move personal debates to email)
- w:Log in before making drastic changes to existing articles - deprecated
- Username policy
- Blocking policy
- Please do not bite the newcomers - draft
- w:Don't create articles about yourself - Wikipedia policy: core idea is however shared here too.
Content guidelines რედაქტირება
- w:Explain jargon
- w:Integrate changes (instead of just appending quotations to the end of a page)
- Deal appropriately with w:patent nonsense
- Citing sources (and use proper references)
- w:Avoid statements that will date quickly
- w:Warn readers about spoilers — deprecated
- w:Make entries useful for readers (and consider the audience in writing)
- w:Check your facts
- w:Guide to writing better articles
- w:Summarize discussion (after a while)
- w:Make only links relevant to the context
- w:Wikipedia:External links
- w:Avoid peacock terms
- w:Avoid weasel terms
- w:Avoid self-references
Style guidelines რედაქტირება
- Manual of style
- Boilerplates for several genres
- w:Pay attention to spelling
- w:Don't include copies of primary sources
- w:Avoid making your articles orphans
- w:Use other languages sparingly
- w:Always fill summary field
- w:Follow highlighting conventions
- w:Use color sparingly
- w:Use subheads sparingly
- w:Use short sentences and lists
- w:Balance parts of a page
- w:Use line breaks (mostly deprecated)
- w:Do not use subpages